Friday, March 30, 2012

Question about RS2k user logon window

When I'm trying to logon the reporting service main page, the user logon dialogue box will ask you to input the authorized user id and password(It's the account created in windows system). But when I try to open certain report!on my reporting server, this logon dialogue box will be displayed again and I have to input the account and password again. All the reports can be directly opened after second entry.

So my quesition is how to setup reporting service so that I can open all the reports directly just after the first entry.That will bother users to browse report!freely only after inputing authority information twice.

PS: My platform is Windows 2K Server SP4 + SQL Server 2K SP4.

Thats because you first contact the Reporting Server (localhot/reports) and the afterwards the localhost/reportserver Webservice. Seems that you configured it for integrated authentication and did not setup the Windows client to pass user credentials automatically or did setup the client to use basic authentication instead of integrated Wndows Authentication.

HTH, Jens K. Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de
|||Thanks,Suessmeyer. Where can I setup the Windows client to pass user credentials automatically ?|||Does anybody know the answer?|||

Ok,I've solved problem. That's because I use domain name to logon my reporting server like this format: http://www.xxxx.com/reports, but I've setup the IP address in the reportmanager configuration file RSWebApplication.config to access the reportserver :<ReportServerUrl>http://220.xxx.xxx.xxx/ReportServer</ReportServerUrl>.

So the first time when I logon to the report!manager, it poped up a logon window with domain name and user account like this format: www.xxxx.com/rptuser, then after I clicked certain report, it pointed to the report!server and asked you to logon with this account: 220.xxx.xxx.xxx/rptuser . I've changed my ReportServerUrl setup to domain name then the problem is solved.

|||

edward barry date of birth 04-12-1968

city villa park il I work for school district45in dupagecounty i'm janitor work phone 630 953-8192

No comments:

Post a Comment