Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Question about Reports....

Hi all... I am doing Report in Business Intelligence Project. If I preview the report, why is it the data is shown only in 2 pages. It is actually 4 pages if I print it... what should I do to show the 4 pages report if I preview it? Please I need guidance....

thanks.

-Ron-

It is not possible to control the number of pages in any format, either html preview or pdf.

Shyam

|||

On the Layout tab of your report, under the Layout section on the Properties menu, try setting your InteractiveSize to 8.5in, 11in.

|||

triguns wrote:

Hi all... I am doing Report in Business Intelligence Project. If I preview the report, why is it the data is shown only in 2 pages. It is actually 4 pages if I print it... what should I do to show the 4 pages report if I preview it? Please I need guidance....

thanks.

-Ron-

I'm brand new to MS BI and have a similar problem but the even number pages don't have any detail on them.... just header/footer stuff. I've got interactive and page size both set to 8.5X11. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Leif|||

Do you have any explicit page breaks set?

Another thing that can affect paging is having a control too close to the border of the page. Try leaving a quarter inch or eighth of an inch between the control and the margin.

|||

It is because the data from one page is getting spilled to second page. This happens if the report width in your designer + (left margin+right margin specified in Report Properties -> Layout tab) exceeds the page width that you specify in Report Properties -> Layout tab. For example, if your report is 8 inches wide in your designer and in report properties, you have specified page width=8.5 inch and left margin=1inch, right margin=1inch, data from your pages will spill to next pages because 8 inch (designer report width) + 1 inch (left margin) + inch (right amrgin) > 8.5 inch (page width).

Shyam

No comments:

Post a Comment