Friday, March 30, 2012

Question about selling license

Hello,
After one of my clients had to close down his business, he has asked me to
liquidate some items to cover my unpaid invoices. One of those items is a
copy of MS SQL 2005 Workgroup 32 bit. Still shrink wrapped and never
installed/activated. This is OEM and it was purchased with a new server. Am
I correct in my assumption that I have to sell the software and the original
server together? Can I even sell it at all?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
ATL IT Guy
I'm pretty sure you can sell the server along with the OEM software that came
with it. At least I've worked with companies that have done so. But you are
correct, you can't sell that copy of SQL Server without the server it came
on. I would verify with the server vendor or a MS license reseller like CDW
or someone simliar before you do anything though.
"ATL IT Guy" wrote:

> Hello,
> After one of my clients had to close down his business, he has asked me to
> liquidate some items to cover my unpaid invoices. One of those items is a
> copy of MS SQL 2005 Workgroup 32 bit. Still shrink wrapped and never
> installed/activated. This is OEM and it was purchased with a new server. Am
> I correct in my assumption that I have to sell the software and the original
> server together? Can I even sell it at all?
> Any help appreciated.
> Thanks,
> ATL IT Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment