Friday, March 30, 2012

Question about scripts and transactions

I am writing a package which will identify new partitions for my cubes, create them, and then process them. I have an XMLA file which is executed to process the partitions in a single task, which is built up within a loop. If I set the transaction level to required, will this mean that if one partition fails to process, the others will roll back?

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks in advance

Rudy, we are investigating the same process for our cubes. We would like to apply partitioning by day to the SSAS cube via an ETL job that runs after the load (or when appropriate, I'm not a pro at partitioning).

Were you successful with this task and do you have an example or better yet an example package that I could base our process on? Thanks for your time!

Romeo

No comments:

Post a Comment