Monday, March 26, 2012

Question about profiling SQL Server Express

Anyone here know of a guide to profiling for MS SQL Server
Express?SQL Server Profiler is available in Standard /Enterprise and developer
editions. It is not included in the Express or Workgroup editions.
Either you can purchase a single license and install management tools else
you could
create manual TRACE using sp_trace_create , sp_trace_setevent and
sp_trace_setstatus.
Thanks
Hari
"JC" <jimcolli@.pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:ElYWg.13340$6S3.12079@.newssvr25.news.prodigy.net...
> Anyone here know of a guide to profiling for MS SQL Server
> Express?|||Hari Prasad wrote:[vbcol=seagreen]
> SQL Server Profiler is available in Standard /Enterprise and developer
> editions. It is not included in the Express or Workgroup editions.
> Either you can purchase a single license and install management tools else
> you could
> create manual TRACE using sp_trace_create , sp_trace_setevent and
> sp_trace_setstatus.
> Thanks
> Hari
>
> "JC" <jimcolli@.pacbell.net> wrote in message
> news:ElYWg.13340$6S3.12079@.newssvr25.news.prodigy.net...
>
Thanks, Hari.
Let me expand my question. I now use SQL Server 2005 Express,
and I do need to add profiling.
My question is, with the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard
Edition Full Version (License Only) Volume License for PC,
available from on-line sources for about $179,
do I get a database server and management tools?
Or in so many words, what's the cheapest solution to (a) making
my 2005 databases run and (b) having profiling capability? I know
it's a dumb question, but I'm a little blindsided by all the
options.
Also, I now use the SQL Server Management Tool, but I
think something like this comes with the standard edition.
Is this true?
TIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment